Monday, June 6, 2011

reunions









i am back!! school is officially out for the summer and we are enjoying every moment of our free time! the whole family went down to virginia to visit my folks and to attend my 15th high school reunion! what a special time for all of us '96ers. it was bittersweet as we came together to honor and pay tribute to a very special english teacher.


reunions are a time to reflect, regroup and come together again. it certainly was that for me. i came back to a place of familiarity and also new freedom with my classmates. i wasn't as intimidated (ie awkward high school insecurities) to talk with them. i guess i had found me, in those years after graduation. the Lord has been so good to give me all the desires of my heart: a husband, beautiful children, and a home. no my body is not perfect, my clothes had some mysterious stainage going on, and our car broke down; but i have a life that is beautiful and full.

oh by the way i want you to check out my friend logan's blog -- life as dessert! its hilarious. she and i were friends and classmates at our high school. i think she has a give away planned this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment